[mythtv-users] Freesat EPG & Config

Simon Jones sijones_uk at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 08:37:54 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a few config questions.

I have 2 skystar2's pointing to Astra 28.2, and 2 DVB-t tuners on Freeview, running Kubuntu 9.10, with latest trunk build of Myth.

If I scan the freeview and set that up, I get EPG with no problems.

When doing Freesat, I can scan and get channels but the EPG never populates?
I have come over from MediaPortal and in that you have to say which channel to pull the epg from, am wondering if I have to do the same on freesat in myth?

Also, what the offical way of doing multiple tuners, do you have to scan on each card and do the channels on each one?

Am a bit confused because I have scanned on both now and got duplicate channels with some set to invisible because myth offered to set something or other!!!

Any help would be good just to get my head round how it works! I have only one video source for sat, and was going to do one source for freeview too, is this correct????

I have done searches on the web to try and find as much information as I can but just feel like i have hit a brick wall !!

Thanks,