[mythtv-users] Myth on WD HDTV Media Player for $99

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 05:52:58 UTC 2009

On 11/10/2009, at 12:59 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> It requires a lot of RAM to do well, and also a lot of code,
> including a
> complete OS and the proprietary video drivers, seems like a lot to
> just play
> back a file.

And which hardware accelerated stuff doesn't require an OS and drivers?

Broadcom would require a full Linux and drivers obviously.

Vdpau API is open source, anyone (intel, ati) is free to write drivers
fir the vdpau libraries.

I'm guessing ATI and Intel will follow because of the rather good
vdpau support now. Nvidia filled a gap, so everyone were quick to use
it.