[mythtv-users] VDPAU not available

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 19:34:33 UTC 2009

> OK, that got 190 drivers installed, I see "beta" on NVIDIA splash when it
> comes up and mythfrontend log no longer complains about VDPAU not available.
> Problem solved by running the above command you suggested.  Much thanks!

You may want to give the 180 or 185 drivers a look and see how they
are quality wise for you. I recently updated to the 190.36 beta driver
with my 8400GS to get the overscan correction they introduced, but I
see tearing now, so I may roll back. I am just passing that along
because these drivers are in constant flux and you may resolve some
issues just by switching to one that works better for your setup.