[mythtv-users] Hulu releases Hulu Desktop for Linux

Greg Mischel Smith gregms at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 16:47:31 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:

> >             REMOTE_ARGS="--device=$REMOTE_DEVICE $REMOTE_ARGS"
> >             REMOTE_ARGS="--driver=$REMOTE_DRIVER $REMOTE_ARGS"
> >             REMOTE_ARGS="--release $REMOTE_ARGS --output=/dev/lircd
> > --listen"
>
> Those three statements are all in conditional "if" statements. That
> means each one is run only under certain conditions. For example the
> last line that you edited is only run if you are also using a blaster
> with that same remote. You want the "--release" to always be applied
> so you don't want it added inside of a conditional statement like
> that. I put mine in at the top right after REMOTE_ARGS is defined. I
> didn't spend a lot of time looking at the code so there may be some
> better way, but this is what I did:
>
> build_remote_args ()
> {
>    local REMOTE_ARGS="$*"
>
>    #Required for Hulu Desktop
>    REMOTE_ARGS="--release $REMOTE_ARGS"
>
> Sadly that may still not work in my case. I'm using IRTrans and it isn't
using lirc the way it normally works. I added in that line just after the
local REMOTE ARGS, but it still didn't help.
Is there anything different I should be doing. I don't have any lirc device
running. When I do a ps aux command, I just have:
/usr/sbin/irserver -daemon -pidfile /var/run/irserver.pid -loglevel 2
-logfile /var/log/irserver.log /dev/ttyUSB0

Thanks,
-Greg Smith