[mythtv-users] Cannot connect to database

Thomas Ulrich Chridtiansen thomasuc at yahoo.dk
Sat Oct 10 11:02:53 UTC 2009

Dear list

I am new to mythtv. I got stuck already at installing and running mysql.
I am trying to follow the HOW-TO here:
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html

Mysql does seem to run but I cannot connect to it in any way.

For example:
tuc at Pete:/usr/share/mythtv/sql$ sudo mysql < mc.sql
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)

Here is my mc.sql

CREATE DATABASE if not exists mythconverg;
GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
GRANT CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES ON mythconverg.* TO mythtv at localhost
IDENTIFIED BY "mythtv";
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
ALTER DATABASE mythconverg DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1;

now I want to run a very simple setup: single user, single computer
system. I would prefer not to have a mythtv linux-user. I have no idea how
to continue.

I am sorry if this is too basic for the list, but I'd really like to give
mythtv a go.

Best regards,
-thomas

      Trænger du til at se det store billede? Kelkoo giver dig gode tilbud på LCD TV! Se her http://dk.yahoo.com/r/pat/lcd