[mythtv-users] Strange HD-PVR/DISH incompatibility in AC-3 mode

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:17:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 8:42 AM, David Herman <dherman516 at gmail.com> wrote:
> How did you disable that shutdown/download? I have a VIP722 and I have been
>>
>> able to change the time of the update, but not stop it from happening.
>>
>> It leaves me in a "press select to continue" state, so I send a select
>> code
>> before any channel change request.
>>
>> I'd like to stop the update, mainly because I don't trust
>> Dish's "improvements" to not hose me over.
>>

> It is buried under the settings menu

In the past, I scoured the menus of the VIP211 and never managed to
find such an option.  If you get a chance, I would love to know
precisely where it is.

By the way, I prefix my channel change commend with both "Down" and
"Select" codes (in that order).  If you accidentally tune to an
unsubscribed channel, the receiver is left in a state where it will
only respond to Up or Down, and not Select or a channel number.

Jim