[mythtv-users] Hulu releases Hulu Desktop for Linux

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 04:47:06 UTC 2009

> Spiffy. Just poked at it a bit, runs reasonably well (albeit not perfectly
> full-screen at 1920x1080) on my old Core Duo 1.66 Mac Mini (under Mac OS X).
> Will poke at the Linux version a bit later, see what there is to see
> there...

That is funny because I spent like an hour last night unsuccessfully
trying to get Hulu to work full screen in firefox. There apparently is
some issue with full screen Adobe Flash in Ubuntu 9.04. Hulu Desktop
seems unaffected by it for me. Unlike with firefox, I get great smooth
full screen playback with Hulu Desktop, but I am only at SD
resolutions. Plus as a major bonus I can run the whole thing with my
remote. No need for a keyboard or mouse.

Also I thought I would mention to others who may be running
Ubuntu/Mythbuntu, I did have to go into /etc/init.d/lirc and append
"--release" onto the startup args for lircd. I did it by adding the
following in the build_remote_args section:

 REMOTE_ARGS="--release $REMOTE_ARGS"