[mythtv-users] New MBE Rescan ClearQAM

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Thu Oct 8 19:26:44 UTC 2009

Greetings all,

  I am setting up a new MBE (0.21-fixes from JYA for now). My cable
provider has added a few new channels available as QAM and I wanted to
be able to record from them. I used mythconverg_backup.pl to grab a copy
of my live DB. I then added it into my new system.

  Next I ran mythtv-setup and deleted all channels from my DigitalCable
lineup. I then let Myth scan for channels. It found all the channels I
expected. I then edited each channel and added the callsign, xmltvid,
and channel number.

  I then started mythfrontend and my NBC and CBS channels appeared to
have the wrong listing data. A run of mythfilldatabase --refresh-today
seemed to sort that out.

  The problem is that now I have scheduled recordings on both NBC and
CBS and they record on the wrong channel. I looked in the old database
and the channel.chanid fields are opposite what the new db has. Is there
any easy way to fix this?

Thanks,
James