[mythtv-users] OT: Gotcha for Mandriva users

Chuck Filson mythtv at goodeid.com
Thu Oct 8 15:05:57 UTC 2009

On Thursday 08 October 2009 08:04:14 Mike Perkins wrote:
> This may also affect users of other OSs, YMMV, etc.
>
> I decided to pull a copy of trunk onto a development machine to get
> familiar with 0.22 prior to release, in order to plan my upgrade, which
> will probably also involve OS upgrades.
>
> After eventually finding all the dependencies (what fun...not) I did
> ./configure and looked at the result. It occurred to me that as my
> "development" box has very little poke I could use the resources of my big
> file (and LTSP) server by installing distcc and spreading the compilation
> across the two machines.

I also recently tried trunk on a fresh install of Mandriva 2009.1 with a basic
kde4 install.

The only dependencies that required attention were 3 development libraries (
faad, lame, forgot the third ) all of which were in the standard
repositories.

Fortunately I did not try the distcc approach and was just patient. The
compile and operation was perfect.

When I decided to add mythmusic, there were 4 more dependencies such as
cdparanoia, cdda. libvisual, etc. All of which were also in the standard
repositories.

Overall it was a good experience and 0.22 will be welcome when it is released.

Chuck