[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 11:19:38 UTC 2009

2009/10/8 Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net>:
> Roy Lofthouse wrote:
>>
>> could you not even go one further and add the multplex and service
>> ID's??  That way you wouldn't have to do a retune at all...(well
>> someone would have to for each transmitter and every time a change
>> happened and then make it available etc).
>
> It's the dependence on transmitter that would be hassle there. And
> anyway, Myth does a pretty good job for setting up those bits.

You're right, although it would be nice to get coverage of the service
IDs from all over the country to see how static they are and allow
scripts to be as general as possible. I last asked for this info more
than a year ago, but didn't get much transmitter coverage.

The DTV channel scanner in 0.22 (to be released in the next week or
two) is *much* better than that in 0.21-fixes, and should hopefully
make rescans a lot more straightforward and less destructive.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott