[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 9.10 / myth 0.22 & vdpau

Phil Linttell phil.linttell at rogers.com
Wed Oct 7 17:05:10 UTC 2009

On 10/07/2009 11:02 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:02:38 +0100
> From: Peter Lord<peter at plord.co.uk>
>
> I've recently re-installed my settup box with the recently released mythbuntu
> 9.10 beta.  Currently going through the process of getting everything working
> :-)
>
> One issue I have is vdpau.
>
> With the "slim" playback profile selected, mythfrontend.real uses around 27%
> of the cpu and picture quality is fine.  But with a "vdpau" profile (no
> deinterlacer) I get poor picture quality (lots of pixelization and sound
> distortion) although cpu usage is reduced to around 10%.

Try turning off OpenGL video sync, and upgrade your nVidia drivers to
the latest 190.36 beta.

You don't mention what motherboard / video chipset you have, but I have
an 8200 series and found that screen tearing went away with 190.*

I'm running trunk on a couple of different systems with VDPAU and 9.10 beta.