[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome always starts the frontend

voidtrance at comcast.net voidtrance at comcast.net
Wed Oct 7 16:52:37 UTC 2009

I have noticed that no matter whether my myth box has been started manually or automatically, mythwelcome
always starts the frontend. Of course, this prevents the autoshutdown from executing once the recording is done
so I am hoping that someone can help me solve my problem.

I have configured my backend to not wait for a connection before autoshutdown because I want it to be able to
wake-up in the middle of the night (for example), record my show, and then shutdown again. I have also configured
mythwelcome to start the frontend automatically when it determines that the machine has not been woken up
for a recording.
Unfortunately, mythwelcome always thinks that the machine has been manually started.

Is there any advice that anyone can give me? Thank you.

-- Mitko