[mythtv-users] Anyone got an OrigenAE S10V Case

Timothy Bish tabish121 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:55:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 16:14 +0100, Roy Lofthouse wrote:
> If so, are you able to power the thing up from the remote?
>
> It's supposed to be able to power up via a cold state but mine isn't
> doing anything when I try via the remote.
>
> The display is working when the PC is off and the power button is lit
> orange so it's got power.
>
> I mailed Origen over a week ago, but no reply as of yet :(

I've powered mine off and on from the remote before, I don't do it
currently but I know it works.  In order to get it working you need to
teach the IRTans software what the power off and on signals are from the
remote.  There's no way to setup the on/off commands from the ascii
client as far as I know, I used the Windows GUI client and entered the
learned command names from my remote configuration into the entries on
the Device status page in that app, this updates the firmware on the
VF210 with the IR codes needed to handle on/off.  Then all you need to
do is ensure that you've hooked up the cabling from the VF210 correctly
so it can act as the on/off button.

Regards
Tim.