[mythtv-users] OT: MB Temps w/ AMD785G Chipset

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:08:51 UTC 2009

> ...this is the only thing I would worry about. The other guys might have
> other ideas but on my main box I never see drive temps above 40C even
> when I have all 4 cores running full throttle and above 60C.

Your core temps and your HDD temps are separate issues. Sure a hot CPU
may increase the ambient temp in the case. But you can max out all
your cores while your discs are still spun down. This guy is actually
stress testing the disc so that would explain the temps. If his disc
is still 50C when it is sitting idle then he may need to look at ways
of remedying that.