[mythtv-users] Still tearing my hair out with Myth 0.21 on Fedora 11

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 10:40:21 UTC 2009

> Yes, I have. When I did that in MythTV the scanner was seeing lots of signal
> strength throughout the scan, but in every case it reported "No Signal". I
> was under the impression that the use of tv_grab_uk_rt would do this. Was I
> incorrect?

Yes, you're incorrect!

tv_grab_uk_rt simply obtains programme listing information and
timings.  It provides no tuning data.

The listing is associated with tuned channels by you manually setting
the xmltvid for each channel.  But see the recent thread on Freeview
retuning, which includes a few scripts for automating the process.

If so, what is the program within Myth that is therefore not
> working? And where does it put its log, so that I can see where it may be
> going wrong?

The programme is mythtv-setup.  I'm not sure about its logging
facility but if you run it from a console then you can catch any
messages output to the terminal.  Maybe there are options to increase
its verbosity.