[mythtv-users] Zotac, VDPAU not available

David Madsen david.madsen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 17:55:10 UTC 2009

> Regarding giving the GPU enough RAM, the machine has 2GB.
> I haven't touched anything in the BIOS. There was an option
> that was something like GPx window which was 64MB.
>
> Turned off gdm, gnome, etc. Just running fvwm shows 1.5G free.
>
> Anyone have any ideas ?

Sounds like the GPU doesn't have enough RAM to allocate buffers at the
higher resolution.  In the BIOS that option you are referring to
controls the amount of system RAM that is reserved for GPU use for
frame buffers and whatnot.  Try increasing that to either 256 or 512
MiB.  Most discrite VDPAU boards need at least 256 MiB to handle HD
video.

--Dave