[mythtv-users] Myth not scanning KTVU and KPIX anymore in San Jose CA

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 07:38:42 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Praveen Shenoy <mythuser at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have tried multiple scans and have reinstalled myth but it seems to have
> suddenly stopped detecting a few channels. The first 6 channels are no
> longed detected by myth scanner. I am using QAM-256 with comcast.
>
> Recently I started getting "the file for this recording could not be found"
> for channel 5 (705) recordings. I decided to rescan and that is when I
> realized I don't see channels between 2 and 6. I used to see channels
> starting at 2.1 and now it only starts at 7.1. Anybody know anything about
> changes to comcast lineup that is causing this?

Funny that you mention that.  I live in 95136 and was getting the
failed recordings the past several days.  I did a rescan this morning,
and compared the scan to my original.  Many of the channels had indeed
shifted slightly, but none of them were missing.  Perhaps they are
still tweaking things in your neighborhood?  Do you need to try a
different VCT ID perhaps?

Snippets from my rescan/update:
VCT_ID 3065
UPDATE channel SET mplexid=89,serviceid=1,channum='2',callsign='KTVU'
WHERE freqid=2 AND sourceid=2;
UPDATE channel SET mplexid=89,serviceid=3,channum='5',callsign='KPIX'
WHERE freqid=5 AND sourceid=2;

Dave