[mythtv-users] High CPU usage on trunk and Graphite in MythVideo

Andrew Barbaccia andrew.barbaccia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:11:10 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Andrew Barbaccia
> <andrew.barbaccia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm been doing some load testing on trunk.
> >
> > I'm running the Graphite theme with OpenGL. When browsing throught the
> video
> > wall, everything is smooth and works like a charm (great work devs!). I
> am
> > seeing an issue when I press the 'i' key to pull up a menu. At that point
> > mythfrontend and xorg both jump to 99% usage.
> >

> This is a known issue with the GL Painter interacting badly with
> negative offsets used in the XML of several themes.  Unfortunately,
> using the Qt painter in those same cases is generally not an option
> because it creates clipping issues that make the theme virtually
> unusable.
>
> Robert

Thanks for the quick response (and all your excellent responses thus far).

I noticed the clipping that occurs with Qt but was focusing my work on
OpenGL since the results are much...prettier.

Will this be addressed in time for 0.22 or will it require a larger OpenGL
fix upstream? Is there a workaround to not use negative offsets on the menus
where this behavior occurs?

Thanks,
Andrew

PS. Are you experiencing this as well? Can it be fixed with an upgrade of
hardware or other configuration possibly?