[mythtv-users] Batch update of screen shots in 0.22

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 16:21:45 UTC 2009

>   If you can code in python then you can get most of the required code to do
> batch screenshot creation and MythVideo db updates from Jamu and Miro
> Bridge. Miro Bridge already has a working routine that creates screens shots
> from video file using ffmpeg. While Jamu has code to read in video file
> names and also code to find their MythVideo records, plus some other
> routines you would need.

Would it be possible and would it be easier to get the screen shots
from thetvdb.com? I know the resolution isn't always there on those
but they are good enough for thumbnails or the small versions inset in
some of the themes. The reason I prefer them is most of the screen
shots in thetvdb have specifically been selected because the scenes
are relevant to that specific episode. Whereas the autogenerated ones
are frequently not useful or informative at all.