[mythtv-users] How do I find a mythbackend memory leak?

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 15:39:31 UTC 2009

2009/10/1 jansenj <jansenj+myth at gmail.com <jansenj%2Bmyth at gmail.com>>

>> Generally to track down a memory leak you have to run valgrind and
>> then one of the devs or somebody who knows the code could use the data
>> from valgrind to find exactly where the leak is coming from.
>>

> Maybe I'll just leave upnp disable until I move to 0.22 then.  Thanks for
> your help.
>
> Is it normal for the upnp tables to be so big?
> -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 764063880 2009-10-01 10:43 upnpmedia.MYD
> -rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 437995520 2009-10-01 10:49 upnpmedia.MYI

I don't know for sure, but I would suggest not.... (this is from a 0.22
system, built about 6 months ago.)

root at pvr:/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg# ls -lh upnp*
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql  13K 2009-03-22 04:08 upnpmedia.frm
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql    0 2009-10-01 02:35 upnpmedia.MYD
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql mysql 1.0K 2009-10-01 02:35 upnpmedia.MYI
root at pvr:/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg#

I don't have any UPnP media servers on my network though.

Cheers,

Ian