[mythtv-users] How do I find a mythbackend memory leak?

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:20:33 UTC 2009

> I doubt any of the devs are going to look at this much unless you can
> confirm it with out the vdpau backport. That is not a supported
> backport so I doubt many of the devs are going to want to spend time
> looking at an unsupported build.

I recognize this, thats why I was sure to mention it right from the
beginning.  Thats why I wasn't asking for anyone to solve the problem, just
things to look into and places to look.

but after writing it out made me think...upnp, can I disable it?  I did, and
the backend seems to be using a correct amount of ram now and doesn't appear
to be growing.  Long term I'd still like to fix this, but I don't use upnp
on a regular basis right now, so any ideas what might be going on with a
potential conflict or memory leak with upnp and possibly avahi? Any ideas on
how to trace it down?