[mythtv-users] Zotac ION and wake-on-USB

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 01:40:05 UTC 2009

>> Hi Noah,
>>
>> My Zotac has the JP3 USB power jumper, and from what I've read it sounds
like
>> the board should work with wake-on-USB.  I've tried the jumper in both
the
>> "5Vdual" and "5V" positions, but the behaviour I get is that when I
enable USB
>> wakeup events in the OS, and try to suspend.... the system suspends, but
>> immediately boots again.  I'm fairly sure I've read about people getting
>> wake-on-USB to work under Windows.... but I haven't seen and
pronouncements of
>> success under Linux.
>>
>> I've thought one of my next steps would be try one of those USB
flashlights to
>> verify that I do actually have power on the USB port when the system is
>> suspended, and assuming I do have power....  embark on a heavy session of
>> googling.   However, the system is fairly light on power usage anyway, so
>> solving this is lower on the priority list than some other tasks.
>>
>> Has anyone else gotten this board to work with wake-on-USB?
>>
>> Phil
>
> Yes i have mine working. I can't give you a lot of info to help though. I
have Mythbuntu 9.04 installed and it just worked.

My IONITX-C also worked on it's without modification of
/proc/acpi/wakeup (ubuntu 9.04 soon to be minimyth). I suggest you try
a usb optical mouse if you have one available. That will tell you if
your getting power when asleep, and you'll be able to wake it up with
the buttons.

Phil,

Are you by chance using Gentoo? Because I have the same issue. Haven't been
able to resolve yet.