[mythtv-users] MythMusic: strange file tree

Peter Wurmsdobler peter at wurmsdobler.org
Mon Nov 30 12:01:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

After inital trials with a few temporary music folders, I have
re-organised my music within the directory tree /var/lib/mythtv/music/ as

/var/lib/mythtv/music/Classical/...
/var/lib/mythtv/music/Jazz/...
/var/lib/mythtv/music/Rock/...

etc, and I wanted MythMusic to re-scan (using "directory" in the
options). Strangely, there seems to be a gap in the tree as it is displayed:

All My Music/ <blank> /Classical
All My Music/ <blank> /Jazz
All My Music/ <blank> /Rock

Hence I made /var/lib/mythtv/music/ empty, scanned it again, hoping that
MythMusic would now clear the database; then I moved the music folders
back and had a scan; still no success. In a further attempt to remedie
the situation, I logged into mysql and cleared all music related tables
by hand, then rescanned. Unfortunately, the problem persisits.

I wonder why MythMusic inserts an empty branch, or how and why it slips
in. It is not a major issue, as soon as I am down any branch the blank
branch cannot be seen.

Kind regards,
peter