[mythtv-users] Best latest Ion Boards?

Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 10:37:48 UTC 2009

I'm watching this area with interest as these ION boards would make an
excellent frontend, and the Revo looks tempting as it already comes in a
case with all the bits you need and looks quite stylist (e.g.
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/167153)

Some say, e.g. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169553, "Full 1080p HD video",
but I fear that this is only when combined with DirectX10 on a Windows
operating system.

The thing that I'm struggling to find is an ION with at least a 9500 GPU, as
IIRC this is what's needed for the most demanding deinterlacers.
Looking at my Gainward 9500GT passive which is huge, I suspect that the
cooling presents a huge problem here.

Happy to be corrected,

MG