[mythtv-users] Slave backend shutdown/wakeup

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sun Nov 29 19:14:52 UTC 2009

I have a low power master backend, and a separate slave backend.  The
master backend does other stuff besides MythTV, so needs to be running all
the time, but I want the slave backend to power off when idle. However, I
can't figure out what combination of settings will let me do this.  At the
moment the master backend is trying to shut itself down (which is wrong),
but never tells the slave to power down (also wrong).

Can anyone shed some light on to how to configure this?  I'm finding
mythtv-setup extremely confusing because it doesn't make it clear which
settings apply to the master or the slave, and which commands are executed
on which machine. :(

--

  - Steve