[mythtv-users] Custom Rules - BUG?

Joe Wilson wilson.joe at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 01:30:18 UTC 2009

  Considering the video-blits or whatever its called messing up my editing
of recordings
  and I assume that it is what is causing the problems when fast forwarding
and rewinding,
  which leads to big head aches, eye strains and a sick stomach, and now
that I cant
  create custom setting for recordings without the system freezing up & all
my scheduled recordings
  disappearing.. I think I'm going to go back to 0.21 until all these
matters are cleaned up..
  Im not knocking the progress of MythTV, its heading in the right
direction.. and I'm very impressed.
  its just I can't continue to use a system thats unstable, my recordings
are too important, and I think
  I will be holding out for any serious Ubuntu update until the next LTS
version in 2011, I would prefer to reinstall
  every 5 yrs instead of every 6 months. If at a future date I decide to
have 4 + machines running
  mythtv I don't need everyones box crashing because of the backend.

  Does anyone know the best way to take it back to 0.21? without wiping
everything out, or
  is it best to just wipe it out completely?