[mythtv-users] What's the best way to restore a crashed MythTV 0.21 ?

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Fri Nov 27 19:26:03 UTC 2009

Hello All,

  I had some problems upgrading Fedora on my mythbackend from FC8 to
  F12. My system drive got corrupted somewhere during upgrade process,
  so I decided to reinstall the system completely.

  F12 is now up and running, and I still have partially-available
  system drive with an old FC8 installation (in case I need some
  configuration files from there).

  I also have a data drive with some LiveTV recordings and a lot of
  videos in the Video Archive. It would be nice to restore the
  database in order not to loose this data, including names of the
  videos in Video Archive. (Yes, I do have a database backup from my
  Myth 0.21).

  What's the best way to install MythTV now? My target is to have
  MythTV 0.22 running. But I previously had 0.21 installed, so maybe
  it's a good idea to install 0.21 first, restore a database and check
  that everything is running properly?

  Is there a way to install MythTV 0.21 from RPMFusion in Fedora 12
  now?

  Or... Is there any guide to restore 0.21 database on the new 0.22
  MythTV?

  Thanks!

--
Best regards,