[mythtv-users] how to stop lircmd interacting with myth menus?

Robert Parker theparkers.mailbox at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 19:20:40 UTC 2009

I have configured lircmd so that I can control the mouse using the
remote control.
In mainmenu.xml I have a button to shell out to firefox:
   <button>
      <type>TV_WATCH_TV</type>
       <text>iPlayer</text>
       <action>EXEC firefox http://bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen </action>
   </button>

After exiting from firefox, mythtv does not return me to the menu
position from where I launched the EXEC, instead I am in some random
place in the menu hierarchy, probably guided by the remote control
button presses that I used to direct the cursor (?).
The http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Menu_theme_development_guide says that
the EXEC will "tell MythTV to ignore LIRC button presses until the
program exits".

Could it be that mythtv is not ignoring lirc input (at least in the
case when lircmd is also running). Is this a bug?

Anyone got any ideas for a work-around?

thanks
Robert