[mythtv-users] permission issues

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 17:17:15 UTC 2009

Resurrecting an old thread where I had to manually change the
permissions for my tty, video, and audio devices in order to let the
mythtv user access them after each reboot (i.e., chmod ugo+rw
/dev/tty*, chmod ugo+rw /dev/video*, and chmod ugo+rw /dev/snd/*).  I
did not want to learn how to o the udev rules and muck around with
that and just decided to add the mythtv user to the audio, video, and
tty groups (by doing: usermod -a -G tty mythtv, usermod -a -G video
mythtv, usermod -a -G audio mythtv).