[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase gives exception about QWidget

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Wed Nov 25 17:54:51 UTC 2009

----- "Bloke DownThePub" <blokedownthepub at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

I ran into this the other day, while configuring my newly re-installed sytem. It simply turned out to be that the back end wasn't running.

As root:

service mythbackend status

(to see if it is on)

service mythbackedn start

(to turn it on for the session)

chkconfig mythbackend on

(to have mythbackend start each time system is started)