[mythtv-users] Retro-wide ready for testers

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Tue Nov 24 23:23:02 UTC 2009

I think I've themed just about everything in Retro-wide, so I would
appreciate Retro fans downloading and trying it out. Please let me know if
you find any windows that are not themed.

http://www.westnet.com/~chris/Mythtv/Retro-wide.tar.gz

There is one outstanding problem I have not been able to track down.
A picture is worth 1k words -- in this case, 2 screenshots of the Video
(tree) list

http://www.westnet.com/~chris/Mythtv/Retro-folder.jpg
http://www.westnet.com/~chris/Mythtv/Retro-file.jpg

When a folder is selected everything looks like I would expect. When a file
is selected, an alpha background appears following the basic shape of the
Watch Recordings backround.

I am working from Mythbuntu's video-ui.xml file, but I've discovered this
exists even in the unmodified Mythbuntu/video-ui.xml .  I suspect it's
covered by the Mythbuntu background

But -- I can't find anything that would create an -- area ? -- in that
shape.  I can't find it in the Mythbuntu file, so I think it's inherited.
Any pointers as to where a shape like that is defined ?

If the 0.21 files were available, I would say it was solid-background.png or
trans-background.png -- but those files aren't in my share/mythtv/themes
tree.