[mythtv-users] mythfrontend 0.22 with PulseAudio

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 22:31:57 UTC 2009

> Hey I had to do this on MythBuntu and now when I press Vol+ or Vol- I
> see the onscreen QT at the bottom and some other on screen overlay a
> the tope right - some sort of pulse OSD widget that I assume is part
> of the XFCE environment. It seems redundant to have them both - does
> anyone know how to disable this?

I believe it is the XFCE Volume Daemon. It is causing me all kinds of
grief. I was just about to start a thread on it. I disabled by going
to Xfce 4 Settings Manger -> Session and Startup -> Application
Autostart and then unchecking XFCE Volume Daemon. I have only done one
restart but the volume seems to work, no popups, and mythfrontend
didn't crash on the first start after a reboot. So those are all
pluses for me.