[mythtv-users] Video noise or distortion across very top edge of image

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 15:51:13 UTC 2009

> I also have trouble - I set my Cable box to 'my tv only supports 720
> and 1080i - suddenly it recorded Dexter at 1080i and my frontend had
> issues decoding it smoothly. I was using VDPAU High Quality and it
> stuttered pretty bad. I changed to VDPAU normal and it was better but
> on panning I noticed some aliasing.

Unfortunately for you the 8300 is one the least powerful VDPAU capable
chips. It will do the decoding but you are going to be very limited on
your deinterlacers. Look at the chart in the wiki:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU#Supported_Cards. You are going to be
limited to One Field, Bob, and Temporal 1x. The 8300 is very similar
to the 8200.