[mythtv-users] commflagging & deleting commercials from mpg

Christian CvB at kruemel.org
Tue Nov 24 14:59:29 UTC 2009

Not sure if this is the 100th post on this. I've googled quite a while,
but don't think I can figure out on my own how to get this to work.

What I'd like to do: Delete commercials from the recorded mpgs, rather
automatically.

What I've tried: Set commflag & transcode jobs. Both ran through, but
afterwards, the commercials were still in the mpg.

I also tried using a script which I found on the mythtv.org website
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Script_-_RemoveCommercials). There seem to
have been more, but further links I found through Google only point to
empty pages on mythtv.org - so I figure that information is now obsolete.

This script is running fine, and afterwards the mpg is smaller (lossless
mpg2 transcoding, I suppose), but the commercials are still in. It seems
that the cut points for the commercials are not honored...?

I'm using mythcommflag version 0.22.20091023-1 (from the 0.22 source
package available from mythtv.org) and mythtranscode from the same
package.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.