[mythtv-users] multirec works but the scheduler never uses it for consecutive recordings

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 14:08:32 UTC 2009

I have two ATSC/QAM HDhomerun boxes set up to use multirec.  One tunes
ATSC OTA off an antenna (real tuners 11 & 13 virtual tuners 12 &14)
and the other HDHR tunes clear QAM from my cable service (real tuners
16 & 18 virtual tuners 17 & 19).  I know multirec is working.  If I
schedule recordings at the same time from channel 44-1 & 44-2 myth
correctly uses tuners 11 & 12.  I have successfully recorded eight
shows at once (as a test).  So I know all real and virtual tuners
work.

Also I will point out I have myth set to start recordings five minuets
early and end recordings five minuets late.  But when I have back to
back recordings scheduled on the same channel Myth always uses one
tuner for both recordings.  For example on FOX Sundays I record the
Simpsons, the Cleavland Show, Family Guy and American Dad.  Myth
always uses tuner 11 to record all four shows.  This means I don't get
the extra five minuets before or after.  Myth could use tuners 12, 13
& 14 to record these back to back shows but instead the other tuners
sit idle every week.

Why doesn't myth use my other tuners?