[mythtv-users] YOU'RE NEXT! YOU'RE NEXT! SF Bay Comcast Analog Armageddon Has Begun

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Nov 24 01:36:09 UTC 2009

stefan_jones at comcast.net wrote:
> Everything was ducky until earlier in the month.
>
> Over the last two weeks the clear QAM channels for the most desirable
> cable stations (Syfy, Cartoon Network, TNT . . . basically everything
> but local broadcast, public and school access, shopping and Telemundo)
> have disappeared. They really are scrambled, not just moved to other
> transports. I can still watch them via an STB or DTA, but my digital
> tuner couldn't see them.

Thought I'd check one more thing for you:

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineup_web/US:97212#lineup_1134552

Silicon Dust, the makers of the HD Homerun, keep a database of the digital
channels their device finds. I only checked a couple of zip codes in the
Portland area but the pickings were pretty meager. Basically OTA, public
access and shopping channels, like you said.

Sad.