[mythtv-users] MythCloud/Grid

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Nov 23 23:36:30 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 November 2009 16:14:29 John wrote:
> I have a half dozen racked servers with the latest Ubuntu release
> loaded and ready to go that I would be happy to make available for
> such a project.  They are powered up and spinning away looking for
> something to do.

What about network connectivity? I have a lot of computing power available as
well, but bandwidth is a limiting factor, especially outbound bandwidth,
which is at a premium with most residential connections.

I suspect such a setup might violate the residential EULA from most ISPs. I
know that my ISP specifically bars servers of any type, which is why I have a
business account.

It would probably be inevitable that your "users" would want to use tons of
bandwidth just when you needed it most, Edsel Murphy still lives.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org