[mythtv-users] For HD Myth users, what is/was your cost?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Nov 23 22:44:58 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 November 2009 14:48:22 Mark Garland wrote:
> > I suggest that "polls" of this nature solicit responses directly to the
> > original poster, who would then summarize the responses in a single post,
> > It's not that I don't think it's reasonable to use this list as a polling
> > vehicle, I just think it is more efficient if the responses go to a
> > single individual, and a final summation of the data is all that most
> > users here are likely to want.
> Could I suggest that both are done?
> Being one for detail, I enjoy reading all the responses, and it gives me
> fresh ideas of what can be achieved with the Myth software.  Different
> people have quite different ideas for their hardware, so if they are kind
> enough to detail what they have, we can all benefit from their experiences.
> However, for the people who don't like details, a summary email from the OP
> at the end may give them all they need.

Good, a "best of both worlds" approach. Anyone who doesn't want to have to
delete a lot of posts they don't want to wade through could easily just
filter on the subject.

Actually the "original poster posts a summary" aapproach could be used with
many of the threads here, with "SUMMARY" in the subject, or "SOLVED", if

It's always fun when you find a thread describing the precise problem you are
having. You eagerly follow the discussion, only to have it disappear,
presumably when the OP solves his problem. Very frustrating.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org