[mythtv-users] SF Bay Comcast Analog Armageddon Has Begun

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Nov 23 19:31:58 UTC 2009

Looks like Comcast has finally executed the previously announced analog
shutdown in my part of the San Francisco Bay Area, Martinez 94553. This
probably also applies to nearby towns like Concord, Pleasant Hill and Walnut
Creek.

Analog channels from 40 and up are gone. I've waited a few days to see if it
was a temporary glitch but the channels are still gone.

The good news is that all the Clear QAM digital channels are still there so my
HD Homeruns are unaffected.

I've seen conflicting reports regarding Comcast's future ability to encrypt or
somehow encode those channels while still using the freebie digital adapter
boxes they provide. Anybody have any updates?