[mythtv-users] USB Flash Memory for boot/system. What is fast enough?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 15:08:32 UTC 2009

> In addition to using the "noatime" mounting option, you also want to make sure
> you are not swapping to partition on a flash device.

ok, thanks.

I am using a 4GB Bytestor drive with no problems knows (occasional
lockup of mythfrontend, not sure of the cause yet).

my fstab has a swap entry onto the USB drive:
# swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
UUID=0782c3c7-23a6-4149-89fc-696673f55b83 none            swap
sw,noatime              0       0

if this is not the done thing, what should it look like; what device/what fs?

thanks in advance