[mythtv-users] VDPAU and 9500GT

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 07:15:33 UTC 2009

> From: greg at gregandeva.net
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:17:55 -0700
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] VDPAU and 9500GT
>
> On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 07:35 +1300, Tortise wrote:
>

>> Why not try 190.42?
>
> I tried upgrading the Nvidia driver to 190.42; no joy. Still get jerky
> playback (on both H.264 files from the HD-PVR and MPEG2 files from the
> HDHomerun) unless I use VDPAU-Slim playback profile.
>
> --Greg

I have two 9500GTs w/ 1GB ram on two different systems on VDPAU high (debian 5 and opensuse 11.2) using 190.42. Both run smoothly, both for H.264 and mpeg2 material.

I would suggest backing up xorg.conf, deleting the original and creating one from scratch using nvidia's utility or by reinstalling 190.42 and letting it create the file (again, from scratch).

Yianni.