[mythtv-users] General purpose frontend for 300 bucks?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Nov 22 23:33:02 UTC 2009

On Sunday 22 November 2009 16:21:13 Jason Weida wrote:
> Any reason
> this<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856173001&cm_re=
>ion_330-_-56-173-001-_-Product>(Zotac MAG HD-ND01) is not a perfect general
> purpose frontend?  I'm assuming that Flash 10.1 will give me reasonable GPU
> accelerated YouTube/Hulu playback right now, but I don't currently have any
> ION systems to test with.  No OS installed, just the hardware in an
> attractive package.  Not available to order today, so I'm signed up to be
> notified.
>
> I *almost* ordered
> this<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856158007&cm_re=
>ion_330-_-56-158-007-_-Product>(ASROCK ION 330) for 50 bucks more and
> stumbled upon this guy.  I think the Zotac would be worth the wait.

What about the Revo:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103228&cm_re=revo-_-83-103-228-_-Product

$100 less. Granted it has the ION-LE, but folks seem to think that will work
OK, and there have been some posts here that seem to indicate the Revo will
work well as a F/E only.

I'm real close to ordering one, realizing that $200 is not all that much to
lose if things don't work out.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org