[mythtv-users] What flavor of Linux are you using?

Carl Friedberg frida.fried at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 20:59:41 UTC 2009

Currently, Centos 5. I'm not yet running myth, in spite of 3 previous attempts,
Mythbuntu, Mythdora, and a Fedora 12 install. Only Centos has done a
decent job recognizing the hardware -- an old IBM Xseries 235 (8671).

I hope I'm not too far out on the limb with this distribution. I bought the
Apress book

http://apress.com/book/view/9781430219644

for about $30 (download, it is a pdf e-book) and that looks helpful. I'm
new to CentOS, but started with Red Hat way back around 3 or 4.

Carl Friedberg