[mythtv-users] VDPAU and 9500GT

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Nov 22 18:32:30 UTC 2009

On Sunday 22 November 2009 11:27:44 Greg Woods wrote:
> My understanding is that the 9500GT should be powerful enough to run the
> Advanced deinterlacers with VDPAU, but that isn't what I observe. If I
> try to use the "VDPAU High Quality" or "VDPAU normal" playback profiles,
> I get very jerky playback. "VDPAU slim" (Bob deinterlacer) produces
> clean playback. Am I mistaken about the power of this card, or is there
> some way I can debug why it's not doing what it supposedly can do?
>
> I am using version 185.18.36 of the Nvidia driver on Fedora 10 x86_64,
> if that matters.

I wonder how much the memory on the card matters. When VDPAU first became
available I recall it was said you needed at least 512MB, I'm not sure if
this is still true, or if the amount of memory makes a difference in what
de-interlacers are supported.

Anybody have recent data on the memory requirements for VDPAU?

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org