[mythtv-users] remote frontend and jpg vs png

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 17:36:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:18 PM, Joe Wilson <wilson.joe at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can always try the "convert" program from the imagemagick package.
> It is command-line based, and great for doing big batches of conversions.
> But there has been a change from png to jpg, what happen to the concept
> of open source?
Joe - thanks for the tip.  I found mogrify, a batch version of
"convert".  For those now running 0.22 who have more than just a
couple of movie posters in .jpg format (it seems unlikely that I'm the
only one, but who knows?), here are a few useful commands:

mogrify -format png *.jpg
rm -f *.jpg
rename 's/png/jpg/' *.png