[mythtv-users] USB video input card

Sasha Sirotkin Sasha.Sirotkin at comsysmobile.com
Sun Nov 22 14:27:44 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Greg Cope
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2009 4:04 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] USB video input card

2009/11/22 Sasha Sirotkin <Sasha.Sirotkin at comsysmobile.com>:
> Anyway, my question is - are modern NVIDIA ION and Atom based nettops
such
> as Acer Revo and Asus EEE PC powerful enough to support video capture
via
> USB along with playback, i.e. timeshifting ?

I have a dual core Revo (R3610) and it seems fine recording 1 DVB
stream from a USB dual tuner whilst watching live TV.

Do you have any idea what is the CPU load in such scenario ? R3610 is
not widely available yet, so I'm thinking of getting the older AR1600
model

I have 2 drives, an OS+mySQL drive, and a larger ESATA recordings
drive which helps split IO.  I also have 2Gb of memory, but that is
not essential to myth, as I plan to use this host for other server
like things as it is on all the time (home Samba server, webserver)

Greg
named recipient(s) only.