[mythtv-users] issue: when 1st tuner busy recording, browsing channels on 2nd tuner is "jumpy"

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 11:51:35 UTC 2009

Hi there,

Yes, I am top posting but this device gives me no other choice, damn
android!

If the user has a dual tuner than the user is rightly asking why? If the
user has one tuner we need to suggest multirec.

If multirec then the second show shouldn't be jumpy unless cpu load or i/o
on the pci?bus/hdd was saturated.

If it is hd I would think this is more than possible with pci and the use
may wish to turn off multirec to prevent this.

Multirec allows a single tuner to tune into a single frequency where
multiple channels are transmitted in a single multiplex. Myth can reqwuest
one or more channels upto various system limits (hdd / i/o on the
appropriate bus / cpu etc).

Please excuse brevity and mistakes, this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Morton
07899750400

On 22 Nov 2009 11:40, "Wim" <wf_myth_user at online.nl> wrote:

> > hey, thanks for feedback. > > I have one TV card, but it seems to be a
dual tuner card as the ...
Ok then this is not a bug.

Apparently You have multirec turned on. If you are recording a show you can
only watch channels on ...
And please don top post.

> > From: Wim <wf_myth_user at online.nl> > > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users]
issue: when 1st tuner busy ...