[mythtv-users] Moving from debian to ubuntu on master backend

Thomas Mørch tmorch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 10:05:38 UTC 2009

I'm planing on doing my first reinstall of my debian server for the last 6
years, as my current partition scheme is getting a bit to limited.

I also plan on upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10, as it seems like they have more
"new" stuff that I could potentialy use in my system (backend is used as
web, sip, mail, samba, webcontent filtering, and mythtv server).

The most critical component right now, that I'm a bit worried about, is
MythTV, The WAF will drop considerable, if our old recordings are lost.

Is there any precautions that I have to take?

Current setup is mythtv 0.21 fixes. Recording directories are on a seperate
drive, to the root partition, so they won't be deleted during the move.

I also plan on using a new drive for the root, so I still have my old
debian, if anything goes wrong.

Regards
Thomas