[mythtv-users] [SOLVED] Re: 0.21-0.22 upgrade, can't make mysql/db connection

Bobby Gill brownitus at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 03:14:57 UTC 2009

> Nope, nothing changed there.. and my FE/BE are separate boxes. FE = .101,
> BE = .100, been like this forever and every Myth upgrade has been swell,
> pretty perplexed here..
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Ha ha! Found it. Sonofagun, if anyone runs into this, it's clearly due to
the recent MySQL upgrade right alongside Myth that my distro had. Go into
/etc/mysql/my.cnf (or wherever your mysql/my.cnf is) and look for the line:

skip-networking

Simply comment this out, and voila she connects just fine.. :D

Thanks
Bob