[mythtv-users] Moved db to new machine, mythtv still finds old recordings

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat Nov 21 22:28:27 UTC 2009

HI!

Deleting the RecordFilePrefix in table settings did not help.

Then I realized, I had several entries in table storagegroup for SG
"Default". All for different hosts (new backend, frontends). And all
those entries (besides the one of the new host), pointed to the old
directory.

Apparently, it used any of them to find the recording. It even used the
Default SG of another host, after I changed the SGs in table recorded to
a different value (not "Default").

After I deleted all SGs but the ones from the new host, it did not try
to play from the old directory anymore.

Now I have 2 SGs and this works:
- "backend", pointing to the old dir, for older recordings (changed in
table recorded)
- "Default", pointing to the new dir, for newer recordings

Sounds like a bug to me.

Thomas